yarn along


Happy summer! I am so excited that it's summer. I have so many fun plans. One of my plans it to finish this gray cowl. I love this color and it's an easy knit. I believe cowls are my favorite things to knit. Our beautiful peonies are officially over for the season. It has been such a joy to see them every morning and their scent is my favorite.  They are beautiful and I especially love the white ones. 

This week I am reading the book Scary Close. What a great book! I am not finished with it yet, but it's amazing! When I read it, I keep a journal beside me to write down quotes that speak to me. There are so many great tips and words of wisdom hidden in the pages of the book. If you need a book to read, you should try it.  I would recommend it a thousand times over!


17 comments:

  1. gorgeous gorgeous shade of gray! Lovely and the yarn seems quite squishy soft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! Yes the yarn is quite squishy! :)

      Delete
  2. You always take such beautiful, nicely set up photos! Beautiful cowl, can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour of the cowl. I looked up your book - it sounds really thought provoking. I will have to see if the library has it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's an amazing book, I hope you enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  4. I just picked up Scary Close at my library!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a tie between cowls and shawls that are my favorite knits. I just love how cowls feel - they just make me warm on those cold cold days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree cowls are so warm and soft. They are also fun to knit! :)

      Delete
  6. What a nice gray that yarn of yours is, Melissa. I've been working on a cowl, too. :)
    Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm working on a gray cowl too! :) finally today made decent progress on it too after lots of tinking. Yours is lovely and I'll see about that book thru our library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just popped over to your blog and gray cowl is beautiful! :) Hope you enjoy the book!

      Delete
  8. Happy summer to you. Cowl knitting is perfect for summer knitting, along with socks.
    Thanks for the book recommendation, I will add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes please check out the book it is the best. :)

      Delete
  9. Very pretty cowl. I love gray! It goes with everything!

    ReplyDelete